Under the recent Marape-Basil Government, Hon Timothy Masiu is the Minister responsible for Information and Communication Technology.
The Ministry for Information & Communication Technology maintains the following public statutory bodies under its portfolio: (1) Department of Information and Communication Technology, (2) The National ICT Authority, and (3) National Broadcasting Corporation
It is important to note that Kumul Telikom Holdings Ltd (KTHL), sits under the Minister for Public Enterprise however as it is an operator within the Telecommunications sector/industry, the Ministry for Information & Communication Technology maintains strictly sector policy oversight on KTHL as would be the same with other private ICT operators.
Key legislation establishing these entities or sitting within this Ministry include:
· Cybercrime Code Act 2016
· National Information and Communication Technology Act 2009
· Telecommunication Industry Act, 2002
· Postal Services Act, 1996
· Television (Prohibition and Control) Act, 1980
· Broadcasting Corporation Act, 1973
· Printer and Newspapers Act, 1956